The Technical Computing Deep Dive Benchmark provides a detailed analysis of IT costs and business value associated with the process of hydrocarbon identification and determination.
What is it?
This benchmark provides an additional layer of detail to our Full IT Spend benchmark for Upstream, focused on Technical Computing. Technical Computing is defined as the manpower, software and infrastructure used by upstream operators to support the various processes involved in exploration and production. These processes vary from company to company but generally include Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics, Reservoir Engineering, Drilling and Data Management.
Your Subsurface IT Spend is broken down to multiple levels and across several dimensions that reflect your own organisation and the way it works but configured to allow meaningful comparative analysis across the peer group. The benchmark includes key elements such as capability, maturity, operational performance, technology landscape, technical complexity and business complexity.
Who is it for?
The Technical Computing Deep Dive Benchmark is typically adopted by mid to large sized integrated and Upstream oil and gas companies, seeking a better understanding of the facts about their Technical Computing efficiency, effectiveness, complexity, maturity and operational performance relative to peers. As an organisation
you are in the complex and costly business of exploring for and producing oil and gas, often with a large geographical spread of operations.As an individual
you are probably within the IT function and involved in strategic planning, management or performance improvement, motivated to ensure that IT maximises the value added in partnership with the business.
Make informed choices based on better understanding of the facts
Get ideas and innovation from best-in-class performers
- Understand the efficiency, effectiveness, complexity, maturity and performance of your technical computing to identify improvements, track progress and inform future planning
- Compare your position relative to peers
- Tailored to suit your organisation, but comparable to others
Monitor, validate and correct assumptions and adjust over time
- Understand changing behaviours and technology adoption trends across peers
- Workshop style discussions and presentations to highlight potential follow up actions
- Ongoing strategic partnership and support from Aupec throughout the process
- Continuous improvement of the IT function – Plan, Do, Check, Act (and repeat)